Saturday 1 September 2012

Birthday

My birthday has just been over and many friends and relatives wished... may be face book reminded them and they took trouble to write me. I have already thanked each one of them separately and I think I must thank FB the most. It is sort of a reminder to all that one Kavita is somewhere and like many she was born on a particular day.
No offence meant to any one but  all the wishes were a reminder to me that goal post is not far far away. A streak of thought - the birthday is enjoyed most by the parents. At this moment I remember my late parents - it was an unbounded joy for them. They always told me few anecdotes of my childhood. I couldn't miss the sparkle in their aging eyes and a wrinkled smile spread all over their faces.
I am not a pessimist but reality I accept. nonchalantly. Who cares whether I am dead an alive or should live long or short except my husband, Avi. He needs me and really wishes from his heart and soul that I should live longer and healthier and not to leave him to lead a lonely life. He goes overboard in celebrating. It embarrass me but I let him do it. I see his glee and happiness and it is worth ignoring my embarrassment.

In the same vein I sent the birthday wishes to my brother-in-law who is in US and what a wonderful reply he gave me. I copy verbatim:

But it is not much of an achievement for a body that is falling apart - like the parts of an old car that can barely walk, let alone run. I hope you, Avinash, and the whole family, are in good health. You seem to be enjoying life; keep it up. With all good wishes to both of you.

Absolutely right. What great deed did I do to be alive. It is all a mechanical process. The mechanics of the body will stop functioning one day and all will be over for good.

Children will miss but their life will go on.  That is the Law of the Nature

No comments:

Post a Comment